The Law and Special Education | 5th edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Details about The Law and Special Education:
Help educators understand the historical and current legal issues in special education
The Law and Special Education helps teachers and educational administrators understand their legal obligations relative to providing a free, appropriate public education for students with disabilities. Clear, straightforward, and very accessible, this indispensable resource (1) walks readers through the history and current developments of special education law and (2) gives educators the information and the tools they need to develop legally sound and educationally appropriate special education programs.
The 5th Edition is updated to keep readers informed of the latest developments and refinements in special education law, including:
- the Supreme Court rulings in the Endrew F. v. Douglas County Schools and Fry v. Napoleon Community Schools cases;
- new U.S. Department of Education policy letters and cases;
- updated coverage of the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015;
- new coverage of charter schools and students with disabilities;
- IEP implementation cases; and a new section on standards-based IEP.
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with embedded videos that illustrate key concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; the Enhanced Pearson eText does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with the Enhanced Pearson eText, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and the Enhanced Pearson eText search for:
0135175003 / 9780135175002 The Law and Special Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
- 0135175364 / 9780135175361 The Law and Special Education, 5/e
- 013517838X / 9780135178386 The Law and Special Education, Pearson eText -- Access Card, 5/e