Davis Advantage for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Making Connections to Practice | 1th edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Receive an instant email alert when the price on this textbook drops
Details about Davis Advantage for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Making Connections to Practice:
- Connects the concepts students are learning in class to the real world in which they will practice.
- Creates a learning environment that strengthens their understanding and mastery of the content.
- Promotes critical thinking and clinical decision making.
- Emphasizes patient care by highlighting the how and why of clinical presentation and treatment plans.
- Focuses on the patient-centered role of the nurse.
- Presents nursing management using the nursing process to identify and reinforce the nurse's responsibilities as a member of an inter-professional care team.
- Focuses on the diseases and disorders that will be encountered most frequently in practice.
- Correlates nursing interventions with the relevant physiologic and pathophysiologic content.
- Incorporates the critical care content important for new nurses.
Personalized Learning Plans for Students
- Creates a Personalized Learning Plan for each student, beginning with a pre-test for each module that assesses their strengths and weaknesses.
- Charts the path for each student to follow to ensure they master the content.
- Creates personalized learning plans that ensure students master the content.
- Offers multiple paths to learning success through an immersive, interactive, multi-media experience with a wealth of quizzes, animations, and dynamic exercises.
- Tracks each student’s progress every step of the way in their Gradebooks; students know exactly how they’re doing and where they need to focus their studies.
Davis Edge Med-Surg
- Features progressive quizzing, customized to each student’s knowledge level that challenges them to reach higher levels of understanding, and identify the areas in which they need additional review.
- Provides comprehensive rationales for correct and incorrect answers that teach students how to analyze questions critically—ensuring they understand why they answered a question correctly, and when they don’t, how to improve.
- Includes self-grading that provides immediate feedback as each quiz is completed.
- Test-taking strategies and tips prepare students for course exams, ATI, HESI, and NCLEX® exams.
- Alternate-format questions build confidence for these more difficult question types, including “select all that apply” and “ordered response.”
- Quiz builder lets students select practice quizzes by specific topics or concepts.
- Student Success Center monitors students’ overall progress and identifies their strengths and weaknesses.
Need Medical & Surgical tutors? Start your search below:
Need Medical & Surgical course notes? Start your search below: