Mediation: the Roles of Advocate and Neutral Aspen Casebook | 3th edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Details about Mediation: the Roles of Advocate and Neutral Aspen Casebook:
With an emphasis on the practical, Mediation: The Roles of Advocate and Neutral, Third Edition, integrates theory with skills and strategies, ethics, and multiple practice applications to teach students about mediation and how to represent clients effectively in the process. This next-generation casebook includes all of the mediation material in Resolving Disputes as well as selected materials from the negotiation and hybrid sections. It expands the mediation coverage in the survey casebook, focusing on psychological barriers, techniques of conducting legal mediation, and how to use mediation as a litigator. Lastly, the third edition of Mediation adds coverage not available in the survey book, including exploration of cognitive obstacles, subtle emotional issues, methods of facilitating positional bargaining and disagreements over legal issues, and policy issues affecting mediation.
- A Course in-a-Box that provides debriefing notes, PowerPoints and videos to support individual classes on a variety of topics.
- New videos that show experienced lawyers and mediators performing the role plays in the Teacher s Manual.
- Expanded discussion of how cognitive barriers and emotions such as grief and loss can impact settlement.
- Examples showing how lawyers sometimes act as informal mediators.
- A chapter that place caucus, no-caucus, all-caucus and transformative models of mediation side by side, allowing teachers to compare and contrast processes.