Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care, Single Volume | 9th edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Details about Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care, Single Volume:
Awarded second place in the 2018 AJN Book of the Year Awards in Medical-Surgical Nursing!
Healthcare is evolving at an incredible pace and with it, the roles and responsibilities of the medical-surgical nurse. Ensure you are fully equipped to thrive and adapt in this ever-changing nursing environment with Ignatavicius, Workman, and Rebar's Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care, 9th Edition. This trendsetting text not only covers all essential adult health knowledge, but also reinforces the application, conceptual thinking, and clinical judgment skills that today’s nurses need to stay one step ahead in delivering exceptional patient care, no matter the environment. As with previous "Iggy" editions, you’ll find a unique collaborative care approach to adult health nursing, a thorough integration of QSEN competencies, extensive NCLEX® Exam preparation, and a direct, reader-friendly tone throughout the text. This ninth edition incorporates two emerging and complementary trends ― the Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and a more conceptual approach teaching and learning ― areas that will ground you in how to think like a nurse and how to apply the knowledge you gain from the text to clinical practice. There are a lot of med-surg nursing texts out there, but there’s only one that combines all the information, concepts, and on-the-job realities in a way that makes perfect sense: "Iggy!"
- Trendsetting QSEN integration emphasizes patient safety and evidence-based practice with Nursing Safety Priority boxes, including Drug Alerts, Critical Rescues, and Action Alerts.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on clinical judgment helps you develop skills in clinical reasoning and clinical decision-making when applying concepts to clinical situations.
- Strong emphasis on NCLEX Exam preparation includes chapter-opening Learning Outcomes and chapter-ending Get Ready for the NCLEX Examination! sections organized by NCLEX Client Needs Categories, plus NCLEX Examination Challenge questions, with an answer key in the back of the book and on the Evolve companion website.
- Exceptionally readable content features shorter sentences, straightforward vocabulary, and a direct, reader-friendly writing style.
- NEW! Enhanced emphasis on conceptual teaching and learning features a strong integration of nursing concepts and exemplars throughout the book via new concept overview chapters, chapter-opening concept lists, and a focus on concept exemplars within disorders chapters.
- NEW! Integration of interprofessional collaborative practice takes the book’s hallmark collaborative management approach to the next level via new collaboration-focused Clinical Judgment Challenges, integration of a new Teamwork & Interprofessional Collaboration concept, and in-depth integration within TEACH lesson plans.
- NEW! Deeper integration of Tanner’s model of clinical nursing judgment utilizes Tanner’s terminology within nursing process headings, NCLEX Examination Challenge questions, and Key Points.
- NEW! Stronger emphasis on health promotion and community-based care includes revised and updated content throughout the text to reflect the reality that most adult health care no longer takes place as long-term stays in high-acuity settings.
- NEW! More consistent, interprofessional terminology for patient problems promotes interprofessional collaboration through the promotion of a common healthcare language.
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the most recent changes in practice and the latest evidence-based guidelines, particularly national and international treatment guidelines and protocols.
- NEW! More consistent learning outcomes now incorporate QSEN and nursing concepts in a more consistent and intentional manner from chapter to chapter.