Introduction to Homeland Security | 2th edition
the top textbook retailers.
View all Sell Prices being offered by Retailer
Details about Introduction to Homeland Security:
Since the attacks of 9/11, billions of dollars and countless resources have been committed and expended in the attempt to make the nation more secure. Introduction to Homeland Security: Second Edition is written by a team of homeland security and justice professionals on the cutting edge of the field. The text is a comprehensive examination of current and future challenges and explores how the United States has chosen to confront these threats with both its military and civilian agencies.
- A history of homeland security in the United States
- The mission of the various agencies in the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Defense
- The foundations of emergency management: mitigation/prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery
- Inter-agency planning and cooperation and private partnership
- A survey of the most significant natural disasters and accidents, explored through case studies
- International and domestic terrorism and threat groups
- The impact of transportation and border security issues and the violence occurring in the Southwest
- Globalization and the role of intelligence in homeland security
- Future challenges in the field of homeland security
Each chapter begins with objectives and ends with a summary, key terms, and discussion questions. Ample references encourage further study and research. The book is a premier text for criminal justice, homeland security, national security, and intelligence programs in universities and an ideal reference for professionals as well as policy and research institutes.