Today's Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative Procedures | 4 Edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Details about Today's Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative Procedures:
Bringing together comprehensive, easy-to-read coverage of medical assisting competencies and a solid foundation of anatomy and physiology, Today's Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative Procedures, 4th Edition provides everything you need to successfully begin a career as a medical assistant. This hands-on guide uses easy-to-follow language and detailed visuals to walk you through all the medical knowledge, procedures, and skills you need for success in today's fast-paced medical office. Cutting-edge content is organized around medical assisting standards and competencies, supplemented throughout with a wide assortment of engaging learning tools and activities that help you to fully understand and demonstrate those competencies. The 4th Edition features enhanced coverage of healthcare law, certification, electronic health records, motivational interviewing, office management, and more, as well as additional procedures to address behavior-based competencies and expanded sample certification exams online. For tomorrow’s professional landscape, look no further than Today’s Medical Assistant!
- Consistent and meticulous coverage throughout all elements of the text and its learning package provide reliable content and unparalleled accuracy on the responsibilities of the modern medical assistant.
- More than 120 detailed, step-by-step procedures with illustrations are accompanied by skills videos online.
- UNIQUE! Effective learning aids include procedure charting activities, What Would You Do?/What Would You Not Do? scenarios, patient education and practice applications, and much more.
- Wide range of engaging learning activities on the companion website provide fun, interactive practice.
- NEW! New content on healthcare trends and laws, certification for Medical Assistants, electronic health records, motivational interviewing, office management, and more ensures that you have the latest information needed to obtain employment and long-term success on the job.
- NEW! New procedures address the affective (behavior-based) MAERB competencies to provide example-driven learning tools.
- NEW! Updated art program focuses on the workings of a modern medical office and includes updated illustrations and photographs of office procedures and medical records.
- NEW! Expanded and updated sample certification exams provide realistic practice to help you prepare to pass the test and launch your Medical Assisting career.