Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2021 Edition | 1 Edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Receive an instant email alert when the price on this textbook drops
Details about Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2021 Edition:
- Theory and practical review questions (located at the end of each chapter) focus on recalling important chapter information and application of codes.
- A step-by-step approach makes it easier for students to build coding skills and remember the material.
- Learning objective and glossary review questions reinforce student understanding of key chapter concepts and terms.
- 30-day trial to TruCode® Encoder Essentials gives students experience with using an encoder (plus access to additional encoder practice exercises on the Evolve website).
- UNIQUE! "Real-life" coding reports (cleared of any confidential information) simulate the reports students will encounter as coders, and help them apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Online activities on Evolve provide extra practice with assignments, including coding reports.
- More than 450 illustrations help in understanding the types of medical conditions and procedures being coded, and include examples taken directly from Elsevier's professional ICD-10 and HCPCS manuals.
- UNIQUE! Four coding-question variations — covering both single-code questions and multiple-code questions and scenarios — develop students’ coding ability and critical thinking skills.
- UNIQUE! Coders’ Index in the back of the book makes it easy to quickly locate specific codes.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting boxes show the official guidelines wording for inpatient and outpatient coding alongside in-text explanations.
- Exercises, Quick Checks, and Toolbox features reinforce coding rules and concepts, and emphasize key information.
- Valuable tips and advice are offered in features such as From the Trenches, Coding Shots, Stop!, Caution!, Check This Out, and CMS Rules.
- Sample EHR screenshots (in Appendix D) show examples similar to the electronic health records students will encounter in the workplace.
Need Medicine & Health Sciences tutors? Start your search below:
Need Medicine & Health Sciences course notes? Start your search below: