Deconstructing Legal Analysis: A 1L Primer Academic Success
View all Prices by Retailer
Details about Deconstructing Legal Analysis: A 1L Primer Academic Success:
Peter T. Wendel has taught academic success workshops at over thirty-five law schools throughout the country. In Deconstructing Legal Analysis: A 1L Primer, he provides a variety of time-tested techniques-including a unique model for visualizing legal analysis-to teach students how to think like lawyers and take law school exams.
Deconstructing Legal Analysis: A 1L Primer features:
- a unique, visual pedagogical method that illustrates a relational analysis of facts, rules, and public policy
- an interactive approach that consistently encourages students to write down their answers to carefully guided questions
- a great teaching case, Pierson v. Post, showing how a layperson reads a case as compared to how a lawyer would read the same case
- useful templates and methods for legal analysis and essay-exam writing, such as IRAC and IRRAC
- exam-taking tips and guidance that emphasize flexibility, rather than a formulaic approach
If experience is the best teacher, then Deconstructing Legal Analysis is an essential for academic success in law school.
Major: UCLA JD and USC (MA, BA) ADHD/ADD Coach and Special Needs Consultant
Hi! My name is Katie. I hold a master's in education from USC, where I graduated with highest honors specializing in special and exceptional education. I have a JD from UCLA and a BA in English from USC, magna cum laude. I am a member of the California State Bar. For high school, I went to prep school in New England. I guess you can say I am nuts for learning and education, and I hope I can instill the same passion and skills in my clients. I have also helped students with disabilities naviga... Read more