Culturally Responsive Teaching: Theory, Research, and Practice Multicultural Education Series | 3th edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Details about Culturally Responsive Teaching: Theory, Research, and Practice Multicultural Education Series:
Geneva Gay is renowned for her contributions to multicultural education, particularly as it relates to curriculum design, professional learning, and classroom instruction. Gay has made many important revisions to keep her foundational, award-winning text relevant for today’s diverse student population, including: new research on culturally responsive teaching, a focus on a broader range of racial and ethnic groups, and consideration of additional issues related to early childhood education. Combining insights from multicultural education theory with real-life classroom stories, this book demonstrates that all students will perform better on multiple measures of achievement when teaching is filtered through students’ own cultural experiences. This perennial bestseller continues to be the go-to resource for teacher professional learning and preservice courses.
While retaining its basic organization and structure, the Third Edition features:
- New research that validates the positive effects of culturally responsive teaching.
- Examples that broaden the racial and ethnic groups that can benefit from culturally responsive teaching.
- More information on the needs and benefits of culturally responsive teaching with young children.
- More attention to the quality of life for students of color in colleges and universities.
- The addition of Practice Possibilities at the end of chapters that describe how culturally responsive teaching can be implemented.