Experimental Methods in Survey Research: Techniques that Combine Random Sampling with Random Assignment Wiley Series in Survey Methodology | 1th edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Details about Experimental Methods in Survey Research: Techniques that Combine Random Sampling with Random Assignment Wiley Series in Survey Methodology:
A thorough and comprehensive guide to the theoretical, practical, and methodological approaches used in survey experiments across disciplines such as political science, health sciences, sociology, economics, psychology, and marketing
This book explores and explains the broad range of experimental designs embedded in surveys that use both probability and non-probability samples. It approaches the usage of survey-based experiments with a Total Survey Error (TSE) perspective, which provides insight on the strengths and weaknesses of the techniques used.
Experimental Methods in Survey Research: Techniques that Combine Random Sampling with Random Assignment addresses experiments on within-unit coverage, reducing nonresponse, question and questionnaire design, minimizing interview measurement bias, using adaptive design, trend data, vignettes, the analysis of data from survey experiments, and other topics, across social, behavioral, and marketing science domains.
Each chapter begins with a description of the experimental method or application and its importance, followed by reference to relevant literature. At least one detailed original experimental case study then follows to illustrate the experimental method’s deployment, implementation, and analysis from a TSE perspective. The chapters conclude with theoretical and practical implications on the usage of the experimental method addressed. In summary, this book:
- Fills a gap in the current literature by successfully combining the subjects of survey methodology and experimental methodology in an effort to maximize both internal validity and external validity
- Offers a wide range of types of experimentation in survey research with in-depth attention to their various methodologies and applications
- Is edited by internationally recognized experts in the field of survey research/methodology and in the usage of survey-based experimentation ―featuring contributions from across a variety of disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences
- Presents advances in the field of survey experiments, as well as relevant references in each chapter for further study
- Includes more than 20 types of original experiments carried out within probability sample surveys
- Addresses myriad practical and operational aspects for designing, implementing, and analyzing survey-based experiments by using a Total Survey Error perspective to address the strengths and weaknesses of each experimental technique and method
Experimental Methods in Survey Research: Techniques that Combine Random Sampling with Random Assignment is an ideal reference for survey researchers and practitioners in areas such political science, health sciences, sociology, economics, psychology, public policy, data collection, data science, and marketing. It is also a very useful textbook for graduate-level courses on survey experiments and survey methodology.
Paul J. Lavrakas, PhD, is Senior Fellow at the NORC at the University of Chicago, Adjunct Professor at University of Illinois-Chicago, Senior Methodologist at the Social Research Centre of Australian National University and at the Office for Survey Research at Michigan State University.
Michael W. Traugott, PhD, is Research Professor in the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan.
Major: Professional Math Tutor
I have a PhD in Math from Yale. I am currently a faculty member at the University of Maryland, College Park. As a student I won a Silver Medal in the International Math Olympiad (1996 IMO). As a coach, I have extensive experience training students for math competitions, both at high school and college level. I have taught math at different levels. Currently I only work with motivated students who are interested in learning math beyond the usual school curriculum. I can help you prepare for ... Read more