An Introduction to the American Legal System Aspen Paralegal Series | 5 Edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Details about An Introduction to the American Legal System Aspen Paralegal Series:
The Fifth Edition of An Introduction to the American Legal System provides both historical context and thoroughly up-to-date coverage of all aspects of American law and the legal system. Vivid examples, on-point case summaries, and hot-button issues make this text an obvious choice for paralegal, criminal justice, political science, or legal studies courses.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- This edition of An Introduction to the American Legal System introduces a broad reorganization of the text into four parts that are easily grasped by students:
- Foundations of the Legal System examines the origins of American law and the important institutions and actors of our present system.
- Public Law covers those areas of the law that govern the relationships between society, government, and the individual.
- Private Law explains those areas of the law that deal primarily with the rights and duties of private parties.
- The Legal Process provides an overview of legal procedure.
- New chapters on civil rights and civil liberties speak to students’ interests and the importance of these issues in today’s society.
- A new chapter on appellate procedure exhibits the role of judicial review in civil, criminal and administrative contexts.
- An expanded chapter on administrative law demonstrates the current importance of administrative agencies in the policymaking process.
- Recent Supreme Court decisions are covered throughout the book.
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Comprehensive coverage of law and the legal system
- Updated coverage of the Supreme Court through the 2018-19 Term
- Clear prose
- Extensive citations
- Comprehensive glossary of legal terms
- Thought-provoking discussion questions