deWit’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts & Practice | 4 Edition
View all Prices by Retailer
Details about deWit’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts & Practice:
Get the solid foundation you need to pass the NCLEX-PN® exam and succeed in practice! deWit’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts and Practice, 4th Edition builds on the fundamentals of nursing with complete coverage of adult medical-surgical conditions, including roles, settings, health care trends, and all body systems and their disorders. It provides special attention to care of older adults, those with chronic illnesses, and residents in long-term care settings. Written by nursing educator Holly Stromberg, deWit’s Medical-Surgical Nursing makes exam prep easier with NCLEX-PN® review questions, and reflects national LPN/LVN standards with an emphasis on evidence-based practice and patient safety.
- Safety alerts emphasize safety precautions to protect patients, family, health care providers, and the public from accidents, spread of disease, and medication-related accidents.
- Older Adult Care Points address the unique care issues of gerontologic nursing, and describe assessment and interventions for long-term care patients.
- Nursing care plans show plans of care based on patient history, including patient goals and outcomes, with critical thinking questions allowing you to assess your understanding of nursing care concepts.
- Assignment Considerations cover task delegation from the RN to the LPN/LVN and from the LPN/LVN to unlicensed assistive personnel, as allowed by each state’s nurse practice act.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX® Examination! section at the end of each chapter covers key points and includes review questions to help you prepare for class tests and the NCLEX-PN examination.
- Focused Assessment boxes show how to collect patient data, including history, physical, and psychosocial assessment.
- Home Care Considerations focus on adapting medical-surgical nursing care to the home environment after discharge.
- Cultural Considerations promote understanding of various ethnic groups and sensitivity to differing beliefs and practices.
- Communication boxes help in developing therapeutic communication skills in realistic patient care situations.
- Patient Teaching boxes provide instructions and guidelines for educating patients on post-hospital care.
- Legal and Ethical Considerations describe legal issues and ethical dilemmas that may face the practicing nurse.
- Think Critically encourages you to synthesize information and apply concepts to practice.
- Nutrition Considerations emphasize the role nutrition plays in disease and nursing care.
- Medication tables provide quick access to dosages and side effects of commonly used medications.
- Key terms include phonetic pronunciations and text page references, making learning easier with terms listed at the beginning of each chapter, appearing in blue at first mention or where defined in the text, and defined in the glossary.